Monday, December 7, 2009

warp speed

So I've done a little holiday decorating around here, what do you think? I also changed our picture to one that is actually current. I can't wait to have a picture of a BABY to put there!
I am usually pretty good with the holiday season, but I have to say that I'm not quite sure what happened this year. Usually shortly after halloween I start christmas'ing. I make cards, get my lists going, and otherwise just get in the spirit of the season. Now I've realized that there are 18 days until Christmas. When did this happen? I have literally bought one gift and haven't made a single cookie. Any minute I just know it, a funny bearded father time will jump out and say, 'haha gotchya! it's really only October 23rd!".
In my own defense, my mind HAS been a little preoccupied. The extra space up there that was reserved for such things as hand crafted xmas cards and holiday organizing has been replaced with adoption to-do's such as "follow up with social worker regarding license" or "repeat prayer for health of baby". A hard drive only has so much space. Try to overload it and you are bound to freeze up or shut down.

1 comment:

Mark and Sinziana said...

It's very cool that you updated the header's picture of your blog. Bek looks like a big boy ready to be a big brother!