Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not Quite but Almost There....

Yesterday I FedExed a bunch of documents to Columbus for Apostilles. I'm still missing 4 pieces of the 19 dossier items, but now I've got a majority of the paperwork atleast in the tail end of the paperchase. Atleast I can say all of these missing pieces are in the hands of someone else and not due to my negligence. We've had some hiccups with our homestudy, typos, slowness, general poor service. But...it's all getting there. Today I didn't really have any paperwork I COULD do, which feels weird. It's funny that the paperwork is so stressful and then when it's gone you are not quite sure what to do. I remember this now from the first time. When I unloaded that pile at FedEx I walked out feeling strange and a little panic stricken. Like I had lost or forgotten something important. Left stove on, lost car keys, no, it felt bigger than that. I walked down the sidewalk to Half Price Books where Brad and Bek were waiting for me, and as is customary on our visits there we each pick out a book. I couldn't focus, kept patting my sides like I lost my purse or was looking for something; it was an involuntarily reflex, my psyche and physical body was causing this reaction; as they has already become acustom to this paper baby I'd been caring for for weeks, months!

1 comment:

Kim and Lance said...

I know how you feel! When I finally mailed off the completed dossier, I felt all out of sorts and at loose ends. I just didn't know what to do unless I was stressing over some piece of paper. I got to scratch that itch today by sending in my FBI clearance and updating our local police clearances. AAAHHH!! Paperwork!! Something I can do that makes me feel like I'm the tiniest bit in control of the process....

With Jack's adoption we had to do a court dossier, so I had another whole pile of things to get together for court. This time all we had to do was update our clearances. ~sigh~ It's gonna be a long time between trip one and two, isn't it?

Congratulations on getting one step closer to your new little love!! Did you ever get an answer from CSS about your dossier and bringing Bek? I talked to her today and she said that we needed to ask the medical director at the orphanage if they would allow older siblings to visit. With the H1N1 scare they've been clamping down, and some are NOT letting kids in at all. Just thought you'd want to know.