Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Waiting to Hurry Up and Wait

Yesterday our Canadian marriage certificates landed safely in the hands of Catholic Social Services, along with the other pile of dossier items. I'm waiting on just a few stray pieces to complete dossier submission. Our homestudy, letter of good standing, and homestudy agency license needs to come back from Franklin county with their Apostille's, I would guess I'll get those by the end of the week.
After I get those off to CSS there's truly nothing to do but wait. CSS has told us we could hear something as early as Summer or going into Winter/early Spring. They just don't know. When we started the process it was 12-18+ months total, and that timeframe includes homestudy and dossier prep. So I'm guessing our time estimate is 6-12 months from now. Give or Take. Give or take maybe a lot.
I'm ok with the wait. For now anyway! We still have a lot to do around the house and need to keep saving and fund-raising as much as possible. We need to work on the room, study Russian, get all our baby gear organized.
For now though I'm still feeling the buoyant happiness of having just completed the paperwork; I will bask in this paper-free world for a while!
I'm sure that will wear off soon and I'll be antsy.

2 comments:

Kim and Lance said...

Ahhh, NOW final congrats are in order. If you need someone to pass the time with, give me a call. I'm an excellent time passer. Or, I could tell you a really boring story and you could take a nap!

Once my re-done FBI and local police clearances come in my next apostille will be my post placment report. Whoo-Hoo!!

amy and kevin said...

Happy I found your blog - congrats on dossier #1! I found that to be the most daunting (probably because we were clueless!). Hope you don't have to wait very long :)
~Amy