Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Ohio Winter....


I know you've been a part of my life for a long time. As long as I can remember really. And I've grown fond of you, you are always there for me, once a year for oh, 4 to 6 months in a row? You encourage family bonding and closeness through snowball fights and sledding; warm cozy movie nights, slow cooked hearty food, and dreamy white wintery scenes outside our windows. You give us pause to slow down, meditate, appreciate. And what would Christmas be without you?
But, I have to say, you are wearing out your welcome. I can't think of any other way to say it, I'm tired of you. I'm tired of scraping and brushing, of sloshing and slipping. I'm tired of the dry heat blowing constantly, tired of slathering moisturizer on enough times a day to make me feel like a basted thanksgiving turkey. Tired of a drafty house and icy chilled mornings and being kooped up and boots and soggy mittens. I'm guessing you probably get it, I've HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!
It really is you, not me. What do you say we just make it a clean break, and you can go away quickly, quietly and kindly.

2 comments:

Kim and Lance said...

Feeling your pain Jen, feeling your pain. Is it ever going to be warm and green again?

Carolynn and Steve said...

Agreed. I'm ready for it to be DONE, too!